This a draft version of the 2020-2021 catalog, which is to be finalized on or before august 1.
The information herein is subject to change.
Bachelor of Business Administration
The Bachelor of Business Administration is designed to expose students to the theories and practices of business organizations operating within a global economy. Students are expected to gain an understanding of business disciplines including management, leadership, accounting, marketing, finance, strategy, and international business. The program will also equip students with valuable professional skills – business writing, communication, problem-solving, teamwork, and digital literacy.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Understand the global, ethical, and social-political context of business
- Integrate content knowledge from the core areas of business and management by engaging in experiential learning opportunities, within the classroom and the community
- Use strategic analysis and decision-making skills effectively, supported by the appropriate quantitative methods and theoretical constructs to solve business problems
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills integrating digital tools
- Contribute effectively within organizations as leaders and team members possessing ethical values and civic responsibilities
- A high school diploma or GED
- GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Official transcripts from all previously attended schools
- Completed application with Piedmont International University
In order to become a candidate for graduation, a student:
- Shall have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours at PIU;
- Shall have maintained a minimum academic average of C (higher for some programs);
- Shall have passed all courses in his/her curriculum and made a C or better in key courses designated as essential in each program;
- Shall have completed at least 24 of the final 30 hours with Piedmont International University.
Professional Core (93 Credit Hours)
In this program, the 12-hour Bible core is part of the 36-hour general education core.